In today's Guru 10, I will share with you my current ten favorite lightsaber duels from Star Wars. This list isn't a ranking and will cover fights from the Star Wars films, THE CLONE WARS, and STAR WARS REBELS.
1. Pre Vizsla vs. Darth Maul (Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Shades of Reason)
Maul and Pre's fight to decide the leader of Death Watch and Mandalore has to be on any list of favorite lightsaber duels. Finally getting to see a Mandalorian take on a Force-wielding warrior is something a lot of fans have wanted to see on screen.
2. Darth Tyranus vs. Obi-Wan, Anakin, & Yoda (Star Wars: Attack of the Clones)
A character who is often overlooked by fans is Count Dooku. He's one of my favorite characters. This fight shows you he is a powerful guy. Fighting 3 different Jedi, all of whom are powerful. Not many people can say they fought Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda in one outing, and lived to talk about it.
3. Darth Vader vs. Obi-Wan (Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)
My favorite duel from the Prequel Trilogy (and probably all of the films). The emotion in this fight scene is palpable. I can watch this fight on repeat for hours.
4. Kylo Ren vs. Finn (Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
You probably didn't expect to see this fight on my list. What can I say? This fight is short but sweet. Finn's courage in this duel is what really gets me. I love that he is willing to die for his new friend. Knowing he is out matched by the dark warrior Kylo Ren.
5. Darth Sidious vs. Darth Maul & Savage Opress (Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Lawless)
The Sith showdown on Mandalore is, without a doubt, my favorite fight from THE CLONE WARS series. Maul makes the claim that Savage and him are the true Lords of the Sith. Sidious takes that challenge and shows them who the real Dark Lord is.
6. Ahsoka vs. Darth Vader (Star Wars Rebels: Twilight of the Apprentice)
This fight is just heartbreaking. I could use a plethora of other words to describe how sad this fight is, but you're already trying to hold back tears reading this article.
7. Darth Maul vs. Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace)
Darth Maul is my favorite character, so he's on this list multiple times, but this has to be one of his best fights...until the end. Menacing, quiet, and evil. Some people consider this the best fight in all the films, I can't be mad at that.
8. Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
My favorite lightsaber duel from the Original Trilogy is Luke's fight against Vader on the Death Star II. Luke's emotional outburst at the threat of Vader turning his sister to the dark side is one of my favorite moments.
9. Ahsoka vs. 5th Brother & 7th Sister (Star Wars Rebels: The Future of the Force)
Snips is all grown up and kicking Imperial butt. Clone Wars Anakin would be proud. Her fight against the Inquisitors is one of my favorite moments from season 2 of STAR WARS REBELS. Those Inquisitors never stood a chance.
10. Darth Tyranus vs. Asajj Ventress & Savage Opress (Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Witches of the Mist)
This fight is one of those duels that just makes me feel bad for some guys. Savage Opress is clearly out of his element in this fight, and Count Dooku takes full advantage of it. The way Tyranus fights is classy but deadly and both his former apprentices were taught a valuable lesson that day. Never mess with a Sith Lord.
What are your favorite lightsaber duels? Let me know in the comments below. May the Force be with you.